The Louvre-Lens is an Établissement Public de Coopération Culturelle (EPCC).
Its budget is approved by the board of directors before it is effective.
In keeping with the museum’s statutes, the Conseil Régional des Hauts-de-France, the Conseil Départemental du Pas-de-Calais and the Communauté d’Agglomération de Lens-Liévin help finance the museum, contributing respectively 80%, 10% and 10% to the remaining costs.
- 9 representatives of the Conseil Régional of the Hauts-de-France
- 1 representative of the Conseil Départemental du Pas-de-Calais
- 1 representative of the Communauté d’Agglomération de Lens-Liévin
- 1 representative of the Ville de Lens
- The regional Préfet
- The regional director of cultural affairs
- 10 representatives of the Musée du Louvre
- 4 qualified people
- 2 representatives of the Louvre-Lens staff