Accessibility was an integral part of the museum’s design, and the entire site is wheelchair-accessible, including the theatre (La Scène), the ticket desks, toilets and reception areas.
The following are available to visitors:
- Drop-off point located close to the entrance hall (reached via the return loop from the rue Paul Bert in Lens).
- 3 disabled parking spaces which can be booked on the museum website (drop-off point return loop)
- Free, wheelchair-accessible shuttle to the museum, Lens city-centre and the SNCF railway station, see times
- Museum park and exhibition spaces on the same level; basement accessible via wheelchair-accessible lifts
- Guided tours, workshops and events are all accessible to wheelchair users (including tours of the storerooms and the restoration workshops)
- Counters and artworks are placed at an appropriate height and wheelchair-accessible toilets are provided
- Motorised wheelchairs are permitted in exhibition spaces
- Free wheelchairs are available at the museum entrance
- Folding seats are available to borrow free of charge at the museum entrance
- Seat sticks are permitted in exhibitions (with rubber tip)
- There are numerous rest areas in the museum and the exhibition spaces
The Musée du Louvre-Lens is also accessible to people with multiple disabilities.
We will help you plan your visit.
Head of visitor services and community outreach
03 21 18 62 52
There is no charge for disabled people with a disabled person’s card (proof required), and accompanying adult.
In keeping with its aim of being accessible to everyone, the Musée du Louvre-Lens has developed a policy of welcoming disabled visitors by forming partnerships with regional organisations.
Assistance from the museum is precisely tailored to each group visit, which is planned in collaboration with the staff and users of these organisations.